Sunday, 8 January 2012

TAST2012 - stitchin' on the fly!

It's the first week of TAST2012! Find out all about it here.
The first stitch for the challenge is an  old favourite - fly stitch.

This time around I concentrated on stitching in rows:

(Click on photo for bigger image)

Here are some close-ups:

(Click on photo for bigger image)

(Click on photo for bigger image)

(Click on photo for bigger image)

I didn't count the stitches carefully, because this linen is a finer count than I would normally use. To help to keep the rows straight I withdrew a thread.

Perle cotton on medium count evenweave linen.

6 comments:

veena krishnakumar said...

so beautiful....love the wave pattern

Raphaela said...

You created beautiful patterns.

bluemuf said...

Very lovely sampler

Kathleen said...

WOW this is really WOW
http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Thearica said...

Your fly stitch work is great! I didn't get started this week due to being out of town for the holidays and cannot wait to get home and start!

I also want to take a moment to invite you over to my blog to read about a quilt show I am hosting live on my blog beginning Feb 1. The show is called Crazy Quilts Are Quilts Too. The show is designed to bring awareness to all of us crazy quilters and the work we do! There are a host of fantastic prizes to be won! Hope you will come check out the information and hopefully participate!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com

Miriam said...

What an explosion of colours! Lovely and well balanced.