Monday 4 January 2010

TAST 2007 Still Catching Up.......cable chain, rice stitch

I'm still catching up. This is cable chain, I thought it looked plain, so true to form I added some french knots!


(click on photo for bigger image)

Then I added some shapes in rice stitch. Some in thick threads, some much lighter. Not sure where I'm going with this now, but you can bet there won't be much empty space left when I've finished it!

Here's an example of where I have used rice stitch before:


(click on photo for bigger image)

This is a bluebottle. The back is made from canvas with rice stitch in black and blue/grey.

TASTY rice dish

Here's my finished sample for cable chain and rice stitch. Its not really a tasty dish, more of a pig's breakfast! I had fun playing around with the rice stitch, but this might well be one for running under the embellisher and adding some more on top.


(click on photo for bigger image)

No comments: