Monday 4 January 2010

TAST 2007 buttonhole wheels, portuguese knotted stem, crested chain

I'm catching up with the TAST challenge, starting with Portuguese Knotted Stem. I love this stitch. Mostly I use it to divide rows of stacked stitches, like this sample I did for Sharon Boggon's Personal Library of Stitches course:


(click on photo for bigger image)

Here, I've started a new sample, using portuguese knotted stem worked in variegated stranded cotton and knitting yarn to make curving lines.


(click on photo for bigger image)

Crested chain and buttonhole wheels.


I've added some more stitches to my portuguese knotted stem sample:


(click on photo for bigger image)

There are some lines in crested chain and some buttonhole wheels. I have started to fill in the gaps with simple counted work stitches. I've used a variety of weights of thread, some matt and some shiny.

I think it looks a bit 1970s psychedelic!

I think this is done for now - I like the few empty 'negative' spaces that are left -although I feel I will probably come back and do something else to it later.


(click on photo for bigger image)

No comments: