Sunday, 3 January 2010

TAST 2007 - bonnet stitch

Another new stitch for me. First, I played around with the stitch a little to get to know it:

(click on photo for bigger image)

Then I reached for a piece of 'embellisher' fabric and started work on this sample:

(click on photo for bigger image)

This was a piece of felted and dyed wool blanket, needlepunched with scraps of silk cut from sari remnants. I added random blocks of bonnet stitch in a mixture of variegated perle cotton and crewel wool.

This is now ready for further 'treatment'. I'm going to machine stitch all over it to blend in the stitching a little, then I may hand stitch over the top again.

and that is exactly what I did! Rows of bonnet stitch in perle cotton and crewel wool, with some french knots added.

No comments: