Monday 4 January 2010

TAST 2007 - wheatear stitch

I put my crossed buttonhole sample through the needlepunch machine and used it again for this week's stitch, Wheatear.


(click on photo for bigger image)

I worked lines of wheatear stitch in 2 strands of crewel wool, and some single wheatear stitches, with an extra pair of 'ears', in a single strand. Then I added a few french knots.

I put the crossed buttonhole/wheatear sample through the needlepunch machine again.
Then I added a few more stitches.


(click on photo for bigger image)

I was planning to cut this up to make a mini padfolio cover, but I've decided to keep it until I find something else I can use it on without losing too much becuase I like it now!

BLOG FLOG

Elizabeth at Quieter Moments gave SMockery SmArt a mention. Thank you Elizabeth. If you like counted thread work, you'll love Quieter Moments But I warn you, get yourself a drink or a cup of coffee and make sure you are sitting comfortably first, because you will be there for quite a while. Elizabeth is a mistress of stitch variations and her blog is thoughtfully arranged so that the 'TASTers' among us can go there and find exactly the stitch we want to review.

What is TAST? It's the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge run by Sharon B.
Take a look at the Take a Stitch Tuesday Flickr Group you'll find a variety of stitch techniques and styles and some amazing pieces of art!

No comments: