Sunday 3 January 2010

TAST 2007 - knotted cretan stitch

Here is my sample for this week's Take a Stitch Tuesday. Knotted cretan, buttonhole and a little bit of backstitch. There's room for lots more, but its so late, I thought I would post it as it is.


(click on photo for bigger image)

Knotted cretan done to death!

I couldn't leave all that space, could I?


(Click on photo for bigger image)

Jowynn put a comment on the last post asking if I designed this piece. OK, I guess its confession time! I put a piece of mucky old drip cloth from a thread dying session in the hoop because I wasn't sure about this stitch. It was new to me and fiddly! Then I just drew a few wiggly lines and a circle in freehand in what I thought was a fade-out pen, but it wasn't. So I buttonhole stitched along the lines to hide the marks. Then I just started filling it in, playing with the stitch and using different spacings and threads. To fill up the hoop ( I do like to do that!) I got out the correct pen, the fade-out one, and just drew guide lines to keep the stitches in check as I went. By design or by accident? BOTH!

No comments: